Beginners English: Building vocab and sentence construction
We continued our english course with some repetition of words already covered, and expanded on these. Students were given time to build on their houses, providing more detail, thereby adding more words.
After this, we moved on to working with verbs, by playing in survival and writing sentences based on the session of play.
Heres the lesson plan:
1. Build: Students were given a chance to build more and add content and rooms to their houses. I asked them to label everything they built with a sign, which was to be blank. I put the flipchart from the last lesson up on the IA whiteboard, so they could get ideas for content. (30mins)
2. Visit: Students visited each others houses and filled in the blank signs as best they could.(20mins)
3. Visit together: We visited one house together where I went through and students were allowed to comment and discuss. I made some corrections and adjustments to the signs.(10min).
4. Survival: We switched to survival and played for a bit longer than I had planned. I joined the game and did some spelunking of my own. What a treat. (25mins)
5. Write: I gathered the class and pulled out my book and quill. Each student contributed a verb first, which we used in a sentence. For this lesson we kept it to simple present.(15mins)
For next lesson we will be working with their spoken language, and pronounciation.